Facilities Technician - PT
The Facilities Technician maintains, repairs and installs equipment and systems to ensure a high level of operational readiness for the facility and its exhibits. Technician collaborates with the Visitor Services and Education departments to deliver a high quality guest experience. This position conducts scheduled and reactive museum maintenance duties, occasionally on an “on-call” basis. Technician also maintains and monitors the cleanliness and appearance of the facility and follows all appropriate safety practices and procedures while on the job.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs repair of equipment and building. (Major repairs are performed with 3rd party vendors)
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintains records of maintenance performed.
- May operate a computer which controls and monitors mechanical equipment and utility systems.
- Responds to maintenance requests to resolve immediate safety concerns and ensure operational readiness.
- Assists with the renovation/remodeling of the facility; repairs plaster and drywall, paints building structures.
- Replaces light bulbs, (ballasts when needed), in public and office spaces.
- Manage HVAC and plumbing systems to guarantee functionality.
- Helps coordinate custodial staff, restocks custodial supplies, and offers custodial support as necessary.
- Supports the set-up and teardown for programs, events and facility rentals as required.
- Assists with the installation of traveling and internal exhibits.
- Collaborates with the Visitor Services and Education departments to deliver a high quality guest experience. Assists other departments as required.
- Cleans the building and grounds as needed for the purpose of delivering a high-quality guest experience, preventing damage and/or limiting liability exposure.
- Performs general landscaping, weeding, watering, tree trimming, and snow removal as required.
- Interacts with guests by answering questions, supplying directions and providing exceptional guest service.
- Participates in and supports a productive and positive environment with a focus on customer service.
- Notifies management about safety concerns.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one year of responsible experience in building and mechanical equipment maintenance and repair; or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
Good skill in the use of hand and power tools.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THIS JOB
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Facilities Technician job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
Work environment of this job
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work-environment characteristics are representative of the environment that may be encountered. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud. The employee may be exposed to live animals. The employee will be trained and asked to use chemicals.
Successful completion of a criminal background check including checks through Pennsylvania State Police, Federal Bureau of Investigation, and Pennsylvania Child Abuse Registry. Successful completion of additional background checks may also be required.
In accordance with the Vaccine Mandate Policy of the Da Vinci Discovery Center of Science and Technology, Inc., employment is contingent upon providing proof of receiving a full course of a Covid-19 vaccination and, to the extent recommended by the FDA, receiving periodic booster shots.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.