Visitor Services Associate
The Part Time Visitor Services Associate will operate the Welcome Center and Curiosity Shop retail store. The Associate will sell merchandise and admission related products while providing a high level of customer service to all Da Vinci Science Center visitors.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Welcomes visitors to DSC and provides a high level of customer service to all visitors.
• Opens and closes the Welcome Center and Curiosity Shop retail store. Opens and closes cash registers in these locations and completes all end-of-day paperwork required to close drawers.
• Serves as a cashier at the Welcome Center, accurately and efficiently checking in visitors while following all cash control policies.
• Processes all coupons, discounts, group, consignment and complimentary tickets according to established standards and procedures.
• Serves as a cashier in the retail store, accurately and efficiently processing transactions while following all cash control policies.
• Promotes and sells memberships to visitors. Specifically converts walk-in ticket buyers to members.
• Promotes birthday parties, special events, group sales packages, facility rentals, and auxiliary services to visitors.
• Learns about all DSC programs and events to properly answer questions and direct guests to their destination of choice. Contributes to the Welcome Center daily log to improve communication.
• Answers the main phone line. Responds to inquiries and transfers calls when necessary.
• Provides customer service in the retail store. Interacts with customers and suggests merchandise that might be a good fit for their needs.
• Replenishes store merchandise and organizes displays as necessary.
• Serves as a birthday party host; greets the birthday family and guests as they arrive, leads the party on the exhibit floor, facilitates the party in party room and leads a hands-on activity. Also responsible for setting up and cleaning party room.
• Facilitates the exhibit floor experience by engaging visitors in activities/discussions related to the exhibits.
• Monitors lobby, Welcome Center, and store for safety and cleanliness.
• Executes emergency plans by following all policies and procedures (Code Adam alerts, crisis plan, etc).
• Performs clerical duties to support sales and visitor service programs.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma.